Monday, November 24, 2008

Getting inspired

Sat I had to go to a baby shower so SM and I went to the fabric store. That night Linny and I whipped out a quick pair of these super cute shoes and some burp rags. We made them without the batting, it makes them too think to wipe a babies face I think. I thought they turned out so cute! I have to admit, I am addicted to finding blog tutorials on line and pretending like I can sew. This is my next project. Its all cut out, I just need to make it now! I have lots of grand ideas, little time, but I am feeling inspired lately!
If you are bored, here is a great list of ideas from last year and the same site is doing another list for this year. I really want to learn to quilt and embroider. Do you want to teach me? I love the idea of a handmade Christmas. If only there was more time!
I am going to try to make these little stockings this weekend in all my time off as we don't have an Advent Calendar yet. Hopefully I can do them by December 1st!

7 comments:

zeeny said...

I would love to do stuff like this. These fingures of mine just don't know how to sew or be too crafty! Maybe if I lived closer, you could teach me!!

Heather said...

Cute! Thanks for sharing all of the ideas...now I have some place to go when my inspiration hits!

brenna said...

I adore those shoes. And what a fun rocket--how big is it?

Kelly M said...

Ooh, thanks for the links! Someday I'll have time and the inclination for crafty things, right? Right.

Laura said...

Wow, aren't you talented?! Who was the lucky recipient of the baby shoes? Are they normal cotton fabric, or something you can wipe off easily? The rocket is really impressive!

Wallace Clan said...

Thanks so much for the shoes. I love them. Brenden will be the coolest kid in town.

claire said...

Fun Fun. I luuuurve the shoes. The warm and natural batting is super thin, but I bet they turned out great with out it.

My grandma made the little stockings for me when Maren was little- gotta go get it out :-)