Monday, December 31, 2007
She had started a private blog to write about her pregnancy and had updated her profile to say her and her hubby were expecting and didn't realize that had come over to her open blog. So for like 3 weeks,her profile said that and NONE of us even noticed. Donita, a friend from our home ward, had happened to see it though and ran into my mom at the mall. Donita asked how her pregnancy was going and she said "What? She's not pregnant!" So of course my mom calls her and the truth comes out. She is the baby and was afraid to tell us or just hadn't gotten around to it yet. She was with her hubby's whole family though and told them at Christmas, but she is 15 weeks and hadn't worked up the nerve yet! So now we all know and got a good laugh about her telling the internet world before her family, but too bad we just never looked close enough at her profile!
Tuesday, December 25, 2007
GJ's new car seat, not so fun, but much needed as he was to heavy for the infant seat! Thanks, Nana!
His new workbench. He loves all the tools and has carried the screwdriver around every where with him! (thanks, Nana)
My new running shoes and head band.
The big winner of the day was the firetruck with lights, sounds and moving ladder. I wonder how soon it will be till I am sick of it!
We liked being at home, but we are sad we couldn't be with family. We hope you had a great Christmas too!
SM kept putting the red hots in his mouth, then spitting them out, so we couldn't give them away. Oh well, we just had to eat them!
Wednesday, December 19, 2007
Saturday, December 15, 2007
They had tons of activities and food afterwards, though the T-shirt was kind of tacky, at least now I have a long sleeve T-shirt to run in. SM had his first time on a pony which he enjoyed. The bounce house was another thing and he sat like that the entire time. But we finished out with popsicles and even though it was cold, that made the day for him.
Thursday, December 13, 2007
Monday, December 10, 2007
Sunday, December 9, 2007
1. I love taking tests. I loved finals week and being in the testing center, it just gives this great energy. Where else can you go to find a building dedicated to taking tests and hopefully people not cheating. There is nothing like going down the stairs to see your score on the computer. I admit I prefer the timed test too, I work better under pressure. (I studied Electrical Engineering for 3 years, then switched and graduated in Environment Science-emphasis in Soil) I still plan one day on getting my masters.
2. I use and have lots of nicknames. I had a temper when I was little and was also very chubby, thus one of my nicknames growing up was the incredible bulk. I was a middle child, what can I say. I have less of a temper, but still no patience. I grew out of that one, but the fam still calls me Piggy, Woo, or Winnie.
3. I played on about every intramural team our ward had, but I love ultimate frisbee. Our co-ed team actually got 2nd, so still no T-shirt for me. I used to organize a group to play every Tuesday at Kiwanis Park. Tad would come and play fairly often even before we dated and even though he says he is far from a jock, he played well enough for me to marry him, he was actually pretty good. I also used to play a lot of frisbee golf and was an avid golfer during my time in Provo, none of which I have done since moving to the ATL.
4. I love to crochet. My favorite thing to make is booties. I like blankets too and have out 9 that I have started and never finished. I owe a lot of my neices and nephews still, and my boys don't even have their own blankets, though SM has booties and GJ got one, but never a pair. If only there was more time and less hand cramps, Tad says I could open and ebay or etsy store. It is more of a stress reliever for me so I don't mind that I rarely finish projects. I love homemade/handmade things.
5. I am not a night person. Tad and I are opposites in this (and most other things!). I can fall asleep usually within seconds. I have no preference to sheets, pajamas, mattress firmness; its all the same to me. Just give me a pillow. I like to be in bed at 9pm, but even though that rarely happens, I am super grumpy by 10 so there is no reason to stay up.
6. My favorite job was as an ESL teacher at the MTC. I taught the Spanish class for a while and also had the 'other' class with the students from Eastern Europe, small islands, and where ever. Aside from being the best paying job in Provo, it was a great experience with amazing students. I was a great miracle that I was able to get that wonderfule job and then still have a life as my last semester I had to work Friday and Sat night and I thought my dating life would end. But of course, that is the semester I dated and got engaged to Tad and for some reason was able to stay up much later through that whole process (see #5). He still says I tricked him and am not the same person he dated.
Friday, December 7, 2007
Tuesday, December 4, 2007
Thursday, November 29, 2007
Here is SM kissing George Washington. A boy after my own heart. I am teaching patriotism young. He gets the President mixed up with the prophet though, so we are still working on that.
Sunday, November 25, 2007
Next stop, I am in charge of the ward Christmas party. Any ideas? Program, no program? Food, Santa? I wish I had more time, next year I will really try to do a nativity, but it snuck up on me this year.
Thursday, November 22, 2007
Sunday, November 18, 2007
carried for some of it. His favorite activity was throwing rocks and sticks in the water. It was quite shocking though to be there and see how low the water was. You usually drive over this big bridge, but there was no water on either side. There usually isn't a 'beach' as the water would come right up to the edge of the forest, but there was huge dry patches where people were walking around where there used to be water. Very sad and it really hit me how bad this drought really is. You can't really tell in this last picture, but there is usually a little river here and the rocks are usually cover in water and make little rapids everywhere, but it was barely flowing. You can kind of see all the pretty colors though in the background. I can't believe how warm it was, I hope Thanksgiving will be so nice so the kids can be outside as I am anticipating a crazy house.
Aside from playing Sequence all weekend, we also got spoiled by Nana (finally). SM got a much belated birthday present of a big dump truck, most of his other cousins also have. He rides and pushes it around all over. It was a fun weekend! We wish we could have more visits down here in the South, but then I never can think of much to do and I usually just like to chill out at home and play games any way. We did have fun shopping though and eating at my favorite burger joint, 5 Guys.
The first day we went to playgroup and the park and had fun. I was really trying to wear them out so they would take good naps, which worked out pretty well. I was afraid RH would not go down in a strange place, but it was all good. As if that wasn't enough, we spent a lot of the time we were at home back out on the swings. I just love watching kids play and interact. SM is getting much better at it, he is still kind of a loaner, but I would say he does better now at having "friends." As much as a 2 year can have anyway.
The next day we went to the children's museum. They have lots of fun kids stuff, SM is always drawn to the balls, though he is just a little to small to really be able to manipulate them though. He did really like the painting though, playing in the water, and of course the truck. He loves to pretend he is driving and our usual battle in the car is me not letting him drive. Afterwards we went to Willy's where there happened to be some firemen eating. They got done about the same time as us and parked in the back lot by us so they let the boys climb on the truck, they had a blast.
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
So I have narrowed it down to two, sorry I took this down, but I did a little more research. Any opinions? Sony vs Canon? They are both free to me though my work points. I have a canon and I liked it till it decided to stop taking pictures, but we have used the same card for the last 3 years. My mum and JuJu have Sony's though, but they say the cards are $$. I decided I am just not advanced enough for an SLR camera at this point, maybe later if I ever take a photography class. So put your vote in!