Monday, December 31, 2007
She had started a private blog to write about her pregnancy and had updated her profile to say her and her hubby were expecting and didn't realize that had come over to her open blog. So for like 3 weeks,her profile said that and NONE of us even noticed. Donita, a friend from our home ward, had happened to see it though and ran into my mom at the mall. Donita asked how her pregnancy was going and she said "What? She's not pregnant!" So of course my mom calls her and the truth comes out. She is the baby and was afraid to tell us or just hadn't gotten around to it yet. She was with her hubby's whole family though and told them at Christmas, but she is 15 weeks and hadn't worked up the nerve yet! So now we all know and got a good laugh about her telling the internet world before her family, but too bad we just never looked close enough at her profile!
Tuesday, December 25, 2007
GJ's new car seat, not so fun, but much needed as he was to heavy for the infant seat! Thanks, Nana!
His new workbench. He loves all the tools and has carried the screwdriver around every where with him! (thanks, Nana)
My new running shoes and head band.
The big winner of the day was the firetruck with lights, sounds and moving ladder. I wonder how soon it will be till I am sick of it!
We liked being at home, but we are sad we couldn't be with family. We hope you had a great Christmas too!
SM kept putting the red hots in his mouth, then spitting them out, so we couldn't give them away. Oh well, we just had to eat them!
Wednesday, December 19, 2007
Saturday, December 15, 2007
They had tons of activities and food afterwards, though the T-shirt was kind of tacky, at least now I have a long sleeve T-shirt to run in. SM had his first time on a pony which he enjoyed. The bounce house was another thing and he sat like that the entire time. But we finished out with popsicles and even though it was cold, that made the day for him.
Thursday, December 13, 2007
Monday, December 10, 2007
Sunday, December 9, 2007
1. I love taking tests. I loved finals week and being in the testing center, it just gives this great energy. Where else can you go to find a building dedicated to taking tests and hopefully people not cheating. There is nothing like going down the stairs to see your score on the computer. I admit I prefer the timed test too, I work better under pressure. (I studied Electrical Engineering for 3 years, then switched and graduated in Environment Science-emphasis in Soil) I still plan one day on getting my masters.
2. I use and have lots of nicknames. I had a temper when I was little and was also very chubby, thus one of my nicknames growing up was the incredible bulk. I was a middle child, what can I say. I have less of a temper, but still no patience. I grew out of that one, but the fam still calls me Piggy, Woo, or Winnie.
3. I played on about every intramural team our ward had, but I love ultimate frisbee. Our co-ed team actually got 2nd, so still no T-shirt for me. I used to organize a group to play every Tuesday at Kiwanis Park. Tad would come and play fairly often even before we dated and even though he says he is far from a jock, he played well enough for me to marry him, he was actually pretty good. I also used to play a lot of frisbee golf and was an avid golfer during my time in Provo, none of which I have done since moving to the ATL.
4. I love to crochet. My favorite thing to make is booties. I like blankets too and have out 9 that I have started and never finished. I owe a lot of my neices and nephews still, and my boys don't even have their own blankets, though SM has booties and GJ got one, but never a pair. If only there was more time and less hand cramps, Tad says I could open and ebay or etsy store. It is more of a stress reliever for me so I don't mind that I rarely finish projects. I love homemade/handmade things.
5. I am not a night person. Tad and I are opposites in this (and most other things!). I can fall asleep usually within seconds. I have no preference to sheets, pajamas, mattress firmness; its all the same to me. Just give me a pillow. I like to be in bed at 9pm, but even though that rarely happens, I am super grumpy by 10 so there is no reason to stay up.
6. My favorite job was as an ESL teacher at the MTC. I taught the Spanish class for a while and also had the 'other' class with the students from Eastern Europe, small islands, and where ever. Aside from being the best paying job in Provo, it was a great experience with amazing students. I was a great miracle that I was able to get that wonderfule job and then still have a life as my last semester I had to work Friday and Sat night and I thought my dating life would end. But of course, that is the semester I dated and got engaged to Tad and for some reason was able to stay up much later through that whole process (see #5). He still says I tricked him and am not the same person he dated.