Monday, February 15, 2010

New way of seeing things



Good-bye glasses. I finally had laser surgery on my eyes. Its nice not to come in from the cold and have your vision fog up, or when you open the dishwasher, or when you get up the middle of the night for kids you can actually see. I had PRK which doesn't heal as fast as Lasik (they scrape my eye as opposed to cut a flap, my corneas were too thin for a flap) so I am still a little blurry most of the time, I couldn't drive for a week and the first few days were kind of rough, especially at night (thanks again Linny for taking me kids, and then Tad for going down to her house so I could rest alone) Its lame though when you have tons of time and quiet, but can't see to do anything. One night I went to bed at 8:30. I couldn't read, sew, or watch TV so I decided I might as well sleep. It was a bit boring.
Now its just dry eyes at night and still lots of artificial tears, and things slowly clearing up, but I am so glad I did it (thank you Tax refund!) But by 3 months I should be 20/20 and will never look back.

6 comments:

Kelly M said...

I'm glad you've soldiered through the boredom! Wow, 20/20 vision. What a great thing for summer! Bring on the sunglasses!

K-Krew said...

Yay for you! I got Lasik done the year after we got married and I still love being able to wake up and see in the morning :)

Annie Gedge said...

I totally forgot to wish you well in my e-mail, but I got so excited about talking books with you that it flew out of my mind. I am glad that you got it done though life will be so much easier!

finau said...

Ohhhhh!!!! What a dream. Can't wait until the day I can do it, too!! I am beyond BLIND without my contacts. I'm glad you got to do it!! Hope the recovery is speedy!!

Laura said...

Wow, I'm jealous. Someday that will be me...if we can stop having/breastfeeding kids long enough to actually be a candidate!

Tara and Orlando said...

Nice! Some day I'll get to do that too.
Oh...that will be nice when swimming too. Man, I'm jealous.