Saturday, September 15, 2007

clothes, clothes, clothes

So we are spending the day organizing the baby clothes. Yes, if I just would have been better the first time, I wouldn't have to do it again. I keep tying to find things that fit GJ as he is growing so quickly, and I can't. So today we are going to fix that. I can't believe how much stuff we have (thanks Shell). But hopefully I will have a storage container for every size and it will be easy. That's the plan anyway. You can see SM is really helping me, as always. Tad is in Rome, GA all day, so we'll see how much else I can get accomplished. As you can see, I am blogging during the small window I have for showering, so we are already off to a slow start. But I did get haircuts in for Tad and SM and am halfway done with the grocery list. For sure we are going to the library today though. SM loves it. Our library is just a really old house (reminds me of some branches of church in Argentina when there wasn't a chapel).Its just two rooms and 6 computers and a few books. Luckily I can order them from any library in all of Atlanta, so I really just go to pick up my books and then SM can pick out any he chooses. We have read/sung 'This Old Man' over a hundred times in the last two weeks. He never gets tired of it. I am so glad I finally got a new library card. I forgot how much I love reading books. If you have any suggestions, please feel free to share. I am reading 'How to talk so kids will listen and how to listen so kids will talk' for book club and Micromessaging. Both are really interesting communication books. I just finished The Nanny Diaries, but I wasn't too happy about the language. I just am so used to reading classics that never have swearing in them, I was surprised. I know, I am so old fashioned. I have The Kite Runner on reserve and there is only one person ahead of me so hopefully I will have that by next weekend. We'll see if its any good, Yen. I would like to start reading Jesus the Christ again, as it kind of goes with Sunday school. I am glad to be able to start working from home again on Monday so I can do things like that and keep my house in shape. I will still go and work downtown on Tuesdays so I can see the boys too, so I think it will all work out. I will miss carpooling with Tad, but I don't think he will miss being late!
GJ is three months old today. Just look at those cheeks! He is such a sweetie and loves to give me smiles. I think he will start laughing any day now, I can't wait, I can tell he is so close! Last night was his last in the bassinet, we are upgrading to the packnplay. The crib is big and I don't think he is quite ready for that (plus there isn't a lot of room for it) so as long as my back holds up, we'll try this. He is on a great eat/play/sleep schedule so its pretty predicatable and makes life so much easier. We have had such a stress free week, I have made a schedule and lists of everything I want to get done. Both boys have been to bed at 8 o'clock and I have finally started running again and am down to 1XX. Just 10 lbs to go! We can get the dishes done, bottles ready, scriptures read and Tad can even get some homework done before bedtime so hopefully we can keep this up!

2 comments:

Linny said...

http://linandmatt.blogspot.com/

zeeny said...

The Kite Runner is good...but has some sad parts. Some people get annoyed at me for recomending books that aren't all roses. I guess I think books like that aren't always interesting. There is a part the made me stomach turn but it is all part a different life that I know little of. Hopefully you'll like it! I miss ya