Sunday, September 12, 2010

Look Ma, no hands!

Well not really, but no training wheels!

We had a little time the other night and the weather is still nice so I told Tad to go out and practice with SM on the bike (which he does not usually enjoy so we have only done a handful of times)
I put GJ on the bike seat and we rode around the block and to my surprise, I came back to him doing it!
I think one of the best parts of being a parent is watching your kids learn new things. This was on Wednesday but he just learned to balance and we were only out for 15 minutes. On Thursday we went to the church parking lot where he learned to start off by himself and this weekend we practiced riding in a straight line (down a sidewalk, we had failed at that before) and then making 90 degree turns at a corner. Its so cool to see them progress and they are so proud of themselves. I just love that!

No comments: