Tuesday, August 21, 2007

If Only...


If only I could sleep so soundly and for over 12 hours a day. I know what you are thinking, does that baby still fit in the bassinet? Well I think he can go a few more weeks. He is still a little baby to me.
It's 8:30 and I think I am going to go to bed. I would do the dishes, but Tad hasn't unloaded the dishwasher and its his job, so I can't load it, which makes cleaning the kitchen pretty much impossible. I have decided its not that important anyway. Do you ever get to that point?
So SM needed to take a bath tonight. I got him in the tub and took to nursing the baby on the bathroom stool, who kept being indecisive about whether he really wanted to eat or not. He finally gets latched on and down to business and SM decided he's done with the bath and ignores my suggestions that he put the plug back in. Then I learn he can actually get out of the tub by himself. He ran around naked for a bit till GJ finished and then we had a quick shower so he could actually use some soap. Because he can put on his own pull-up, he tried to get a diaper on himself, but was unsuccessful, but made me smile. Then all three of us got in the rocking chair and read books and sang night time songs till the baby fell asleep and SM told me to turn off the light, meaning he was ready to sleep too. He is so easy to put to bed, I am grateful. We had a fun night while daddy was out home teaching, so I will just eat a brownie and go to sleep, why ruin it with cleaning? There is always tomorrow.
So I am back to work at the great and abominable and even though I miss my sweeties, I do enjoy being back on a schedule and working. I am helping out the finance department downtown for a few weeks so I am learning a lot of good stuff and drinking a lot of Black Cherry Fresca, my favorite. Its right next to GaTech campus where daycare and Tad are so we all carpool and I get to go nurse GJ on my lunch break everyday, which I love. In a few weeks though I will be back to working from home, so that will be nice too, as I don't have to worry about dressing up everyday. I miss playgroup and still dream about starting a joy school, but for now I have decided to be happy today and it will all work out.

1 comment:

zeeny said...

Hey Winnie,
Your life sounds so fun right now...enjoy. I wish I had a job I enjoyed to go to some days. Hope all goes well.